Tortellini Spinach Soup

Okay so, admittedly, the first time I heard about this soup, my first thought was: "Well that sounds fuggin' nasty." Admittedly, the first time I saw this soup (about two minutes after first hearing about it), I thought: "Man that looks fuggin' nasty."

I then polished off my entire bowl of said soup and asked for seconds. We eat it probably twice a week, minimum, use it as a full meal or a side dish, and it is easily the best source of veggies in our diet. And best of all? It tastes fuggin' delicious.

Still looks nasty, though. No helping that.



Tortellini Spinach Soup


Ingredients
3 cups water (2 cups - 4 cups)*
2 cubes chicken bouillon (1 cube - 3 cubes)*
26 frozen/dry tortellini (oh just eyeball it)*
1 cup frozen leaf spinach (seriously, just eyeball this too)*
Black pepper
Shredded cheese for topping. We like any combination of mozzarella, asiago, romano pecorino, or any by themselves.

* These are the measurements for one serving or a 3-person serving, respectively. And no, I really don't count my tortellini, and I stopped measuring the spinach after the first time I made it. Just dump in what looks like too much spinach, you'll be fine.


Instructions
• Put water and bouillon cubes in a medium pot. Bring to a boil.
• Add tortellini. Cook 12 minutes (or whatever's recommended on the packaging)
• Add spinach. Simmer 5 additional minutes (3 if you're hungry and don't want to wait).
• Serve topped with cheese and sprinkled with pepper.

Yeah, it's that easy. Woohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf