No-Bowl Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal (with cranberries 'n raisins)

I love banana bread, don't get me wrong, but oatmeal's a thing I'm supposed to eat more of, and since oatmeal is gross and bread isn't, I thought, "why not make a banana bread oatmeal that I can take to work and eat with a fork so it doesn't feel like I'm eating oatmeal?"

No not really. What actually happened was three bananas went too ripe to eat and I was too lazy to turn them into banana bread. Plus, I'd just discovered that I could make no-bowl oatmeal that tasted really really good, so I figured why not try it with fruit that's going to go bad?

No Bowl Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
(with cranberries 'n raisins)

Ingredients
1 2/3 cups whole oats, which you are going to pulverize into meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Couple'a shakes cinnamon

1/3 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky, your call)
1 cup milk or soy milk
3 very ripe bananas
1 egg
1/4 cup applesauce OR 1/2 apple, cored

Oil to grease your baking pan
1/4 cup dried fruit - I recommend cranberries and/or raisins

Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a food processor, pulverize the daylights out of your oats.
- Add in the baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon and pulverize some more.
- Transfer to a small mixing bowl and set it aside so you can make a mess elsewhere.

- Put your peanut butter into a cereal bowl.
- Add milk a few tablespoons at a time, mixing it into the peanut butter until fully smooth as you go. This is hardest with the first few tablespoons, but gets a LOT easier as you go.

- Put your bananas, egg, and applesauce/apple into the food processor.
- Dump the peanut butter milk in with it.
- Pulverize that shit.

- Dump the peanut butter banana mess into the oatmeal mix. Stir until just combined.
- Add the dried fruit. This will all be terribly liquidy at this point. Feel free to panic that you've done something wrong or measured wrong or made all the wrong life choices, etc.

- Grease a 9" round cake pan.
- Dump the liquidy mess from the mixing bowl into it.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (I think mine baked 36 minutes; nevermind)

- Allow to cool completely. It'll pull away from the sides that way.

Bwee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf