Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

I honestly don't recall what led me to this recipe, originally, though I suspect it was either a) Buzzfeed or b) "I want chickpeas and sweet potatoes, let's see what recipes the internet has to offer me in that arena." Either way, I made this dish for the first time on a night I was too tired to cook, and it was terribly good to me, taking only about 10 minutes of effort and providing a really, really tasty meal.

... one which just needed a few little edits to make it purely awesome. Layered awesome. Layered roasted awesome. Made of veggies.

(I'm tired and uncreative tonight, lemme alone.)

PS
If I have to scroll past like 50 photos and a bunch of rambling to get to your recipe, you're probably doing it wrong. I'm here for the food, not for your blogging. Ugh.

Anyway.

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

Ingredients
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2" chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp red chili flakes

15 oz tinned chickpeas, drained
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp paprika

1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced 1/2" thick OR 15 oz can whole tomatoes, halved and sliced 1/4" thick
1 tbsp dry parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chili garlic sauce (Sriracha)

1/4 cup tahini (or 2 tbsp peanut butter + 2 tbsp soy/almond/cow milk)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dry dill
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Pinch salt
Soy/almond/cowmilk, however much you need to thin this noise to a pourable state


Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400*F. I'm a fan of efficiency, so I'll likely do this in my toaster oven.
- Wash, peel, and chop the sweet potato. Cursing is permitted during this.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the potato chunks with oil and chili flakes.
- Dump the sweet potato into a 13x9" glass baking dish.

- In the same small mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and paprika. Toss until the chickpeas are nice and coated.
- Dump that on top of the sweet potatoes.

- Bake 15 minutes.
- During this time, chop up the tomatoes.

- Give the small mixing bowl some more love: toss in the tomatoes with parsley, lemon juice, and Sriracha sauce.
- Pull the pan out of the oven, evenly distribute the tomatoes on top, and sock it back into the oven.

- Bake 15 more minutes.
- During this time, make the dressing by combining the tahini, lemon juice, dill, garlic, and salt in that same beloved small mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the milk of your choosing until the mixture is thick but pourable, like a good ranch dressing, I suppose.

- When the layered amazing comes out of the oven, serve it onto plates (this makes 2 VERY big meals) and top with the dressing.


If you try this and tell me it's not just the tightest shit then I'm going to have to ask you to bippity-boppity back the fuck right on out of my face, that's what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf