Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf

In case it's not been made ABUNDANTLY clear, I am 100% in love with my veggie noodle spiralizer, which was initially an impulse buy that I regretted so much that I ignored it for ... six months? before trying it out. Yes, I am regretting those six months, why do you ask.

Anywhatsit, I've used the thing like six times in the past three days and have absolutely no intention of stopping any time soon. It's like I'm able to eat food again, but without all the bloating and sluggishness that usually comes with pasta. It's liberating. I am in love.

This is THE PERFECT summer dish to prepare on a work-night because it takes very little actual active time to make, giving you plenty of time to shower and stuff. Oh, and it's not hot and heavy (*sner*) so it's good to eat when the outdoors is trying to act like an oven.

Give it a go!

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf

Ingredients
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic (1 clove)
2 tsp minced ginger
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sriracha sauce

2 good-size cucumbers

1/2 lb fresh haddock
Enough Mrs. Dash Table Blend to lightly coat both sides of the haddock

Some fresh fruit as a side dish (we had cherries). I think I'd serve fresh orange slices next time. Mmm. Oh, and I hard-boiled some eggs to go with it because eggs. But you can skip that if you want to.


Instructions
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, oil, and sriracha in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spiralize your cucumbers into the sauce. Cut them with kitchen shears so they're not so damnably long, and toss them around in the dressing.
- Set that aside (in the 'fridge, if you want them nice and cold).

- Preheat your oven/toaster oven to 425*F.
- Toss the haddock fillets in Mrs. Dash (why does that sound like someone's fetish?).
- Bake on a silpat for 10-12 minutes.

Serve the fish hot and the noodles cold!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome