Live, Laugh, Luke Butter Mochi

It's sweet, golden, and beyond basic, just like Luke Skywalker.  What more could you want?

(Adapted from this lovely recipe, saved here so it won't disappear on me, and so I have the edits I've made to the original.)

This is best enjoyed with a cup of unsweetened tea.  Green if you can manage it. <3

Live, Laugh, Luke Butter Mochi

Ingredients
1 stick salted butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
16 oz mochiko flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 14.5-oz cans coconut milk

Instructions
  1. Butter a 9x13" baking dish and preheat your oven to 350*F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter.
  3. Add the sugar and vanilla extract, using a rubber spatula to mix until fully combined.
  4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each one in fully.
  5. Upend the mochiko on top of the egg/sugar/butter mixture.
  6. Add the baking powder to the mochiko powder, then start slowly mixing it into the wet mix.
  7. Once it's sort of combined, to the point that it's not all powdery, add the coconut milk a bit at a time.  I pour in about half the first can and fully mix, then the rest of that can, then once that's smooth, I put the full second can in and mix it up 'til it's smooth.
  8. Pour it wholesale into the buttered 9x13" dish.
  9. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
  10. Now for the hardest part:  let it cool at least 1 hour, then refrigerate at least 1 hour before getting into it.  Torturous, I know.
I cut mine into 32 squares (4x8 pieces), then cut each square I serve to myself into skinny little slices, trying to eat only one square at a time, but I usually end up putting down at least two a day when I make this, and more than that if I'm working from home.  These things are seriously good.  Definitely worth a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf