12 Parsec Kessel Rum Balls

I'd never seriously thought, "Man, I wish there were a way for me to do shots with my colleagues in the middle of the day, in the office, and have no one say anything about it other than 'you're so nice for bringing us treats, molly,'" but now that a) I've done exactly this and b) the results were hilarious, I find I think this all the time.

What a world we live in.

Quick story:  first rum balls (I think they were bourbon balls, actually) I ever had, a colleague had made some, and brought me one out of pity because I was too shy to go over and ask for one (I have introvert moments sometimes okay?).  I was so happy he'd brought me a treat that I put the whole thing in my mouth straight away, only realizing after I'd started chewing that holy shit this thing is strong.  Delicious, but knock-you-on-your-ass alcoholic.  Said colleague seemed pleased and went away smiling, while I frantically texted my partner that we were taking the bus home because no way was I biking home inebriated.

Good times.

These are just as alcoholic, but they're smaller, so you have to eat two or three to get the same punch I got from my first introduction, and they're good.  Like unnecessarily good, y'all, I can't.

("I had three and then went into a security incident review.  I've never had so much fun doing one of those reviews!" is probably the best (and drunkest) rave review my cooking has ever gotten.  I am so proud.)

12 Parsec Kessel Rum Balls

Ingredients

32 Nilla wafers (you want about 1 1/4 cups, but trust me, it's 32 wafers)
1/2 cup ground pecans
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder
3 oz (6 Tbsp) dark spiced rum
1+ Tbsp honey (just be generous with it)

1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp powdered sugar

Instructions
  1. In a food processor, grind up the cookies.
  2. Add the pecans, powdered sugar, and cocoa, and pulse to combine.
  3. Add the rum and honey and process until a sticky paste forms.
  4. In a small cup, combine the cocoa powder and powdered sugar not included already in the balls.
  5. Form 1" diameter balls from the paste.
  6. Roll each in the cocoa/powdered sugar mixture.
  7. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before eating.
They're SO easy to make, and they taste so very nice.  Definitely one to have in the arsenal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf