It's Not Fishy to Curry Favor with Me (Thai curry whitefish)

Ahh this recipe.  I pulled it originally from this site, but a) I have to double it and b) I have altered the recipe (pray I don't alter it further).  It's so easy, takes me maybe 45 minutes in total to make, and ... y'all it's just so good.  Comfort food to the max that doesn't have all the bloat-y carbs you usually get with comfort food.

It's not at all authentic Thai food, but who the hell cares?  It's delicious and I love it, so there.

It's Not Fishy to Curry Favor with Me
(Thai Curry Whitefish)

Ingredients
2 bell peppers, one red and one yellow, cut into 1/2"ish pieces
2 carrots, diced into 1/4"ish pieces
1 medium-large yellow onion, course-chopped
1 cup frozen green peas
2 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 tsp salt (do NOT omit)
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup neutral oil (I use peanut oil, canola would work too)
15ish oz coconut milk

1.5-2 lb whitefish (halibut or haddock)
Fresh mixed greens (a few ounces per serving)

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400*F.
  2. Place the bell peppers, carrots, onion, peas, and garlic in a 13x9" baking dish.
  3. Put the salt, curry powder, red pepper flakes, lime juice, oil, and coconut milk on top of them.
  4. Stir to get everything all nice and mixed together.
  5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
  6. While that's baking, cut up your whitefish into 1-1/2"ish pieces.  I try to get 24 pieces from a big ol' cut of haddock when I make it.
  7. After the veggies have baked, add the fish to the pan, nestling it in and under the veggies.  For me, this is 4 rows of 6 pieces of fish each.
  8. Cover the pan again and bake for 12-15 minutes.
  9. Serve over fresh greens.
I mean, you could serve it over rice, and I have done, before, but it's SO MUCH BETTER over fresh greens, and better for you, too.  I imagine it would also be good over cooked lentils, but haven't tried that yet.  Someone else try it and let me know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesto Pizza Monkey Bread

Roasted Layered Veggie Awesome

Pescatarian Surf 'n Turf